Monday, June 14, 2010

Artisan Un-Award Winning Project #1

Well, it's official - I did not win the Artisan Award for the second year in a row.  So, I'm going to show the projects that I made for the contest.  To enter, demonstrators must make 5 cards, 3 scrapbook pages and 2 3-D items using current Stampin' Up! product.


This is the first card I made...the idea came to me right off, and I had a vision in my head and this card turned out exactly like that vision.

I "paper pieced" the squirrel and racoon image by stamping them on sahara sand designer paper (from the hostess pad - one of the sheets has no pattern) in black craft ink, then I embossed with clear embossing powder.  The heart that the racoon is holding was paper pieced with a scrap of regal rose paper from the "Love Sparkles" scrapping kit. 


I played for a very long time placing all of the hearts that I punched out with the heart punch, trying to get the right balance between Bermuda Bay, Sahara Sand, Rose Red and Regal Rose designer paper.  It was a great way to use scraps.  I finished up by stitching around the edge of the main panel.

I stamped the tree image in Versamark ink on the inside, and used my stamp-a-ma-jig to place the racoon and squirrel on either side.  I then stamped the "Love You Much" in Bermuda Bay over top.  The bottom of the card is finished off with a strip of Bermuda Bay cardstock, the scallop edge punch and another strip of Regal Rose cardstock from the "Love Sparkles" scrapping kit.

More un-award winning projects to come!



Ingredients (All Stampin' Up!):


Paper: Kraft, Regal Rose, Rose Red, Bermuda Bay, Love Sparkles Scrapping kit, Thoroughly Modern Designer Paper, Patterns Pack III,

Ink: Basic Black craft ink, Versamark, Bermuda Bay, Regal Rose, Rose Red

Stamps: Love Bandit

Accessories: Scallop Edge punch, rose red 1/4" grosgrain, heart punch, 1" circle punch, clear embossing powder

No comments: