Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 73

I recently got my 2010/2011 Idea Book & Catalog pre-order goodies and thought that this sketch challenge would be a great place to start.

The new Greenhouse Gala designer paper is very bright, so I wanted to tone down the panels a bit by backing the paper on kraft Crumb Cake.  The new 2 3/8" Extra-Large Scallop Circle punch was just big enough for the focal image, which was stamped in Certainly Celery ink onto Whisper White cardstock and then punched out with the 1 3/4" Circle punch.

One of the sentiments from the new hostess set "Because I Care" was stamped in Pumpkin Pie ink onto Crumb Cake cardstock and punched out with the Large Oval punch.  The butterfly is from the embosslit "BeautifulWings" which is new to me and is just getting used!  It makes beautiful, intricate butterflies with embossing on them, and they add a nice touch to the card.  I finished it off using one of the rub-ons from the easter egg decorating kit (can't remember the name) and also tying a strip of 1/8" taffeta ribbon in Daffodil Delight, which is becoming one of my favorite new colors.  Enjoy!

No comments: