Monday, April 12, 2010

A Jump Start

After the hustle and bustle of creating projects for the Artisan Award contest (which I sent out last Wednesday and SU received on Friday - thanks UPS!) it feels good to sit down and create with no particular projects in mind, just a desire to do something creative.  A few weekends back my husband and I went on a date - the first in a while - and we went to Borders and sat in the cafe with coffee and looked at books and magazines.  I found a sketch in a card making magazine that I liked - it was very simple using circles of designer paper.  This seemed perfect for me given the stash of designer paper that I have been hoarding away.

I thought that I would see if I could put together some Father's Day cards, and get a jump start.  I find that I'm better at sending out cards in time if I have them assembled and ready to go in advance.


This card uses paper from the Urban Garden designer paper pack, which has Kiwi Kiss (retired), Basic Gray, Baja Breeze (retired but coming back in July 2010!) and Not Quite Navy.  It was very simple to put together, and I liked the sketch so much that I created a second card with a different paper pack.


This card uses the Urban Oasis paper pack, which also has Kiwi Kiss, Basic Gray, Baja Breeze and also Kraft (to be called Crumb Cake in July 2010) and Basic Black.  This is a very classy paper pack that I wish that I had used more when the colors were current....oh, well.  I'm using them now so that's what counts!  I decided to make this my swap for my monthly SU demo meeting at the end of the month...hopefully the ladies like it!  Enjoy.

1 comment:

JOSE & LILIANA said...

Hello, I just saw one of your cards on SCS and came to visit your blog. I think your cards are great!!!! I really like the Father's Day cards - you've given me a great idea. Thanks.

Liliana