Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Father's Day Card

I needed to make a bunch of Father's Day cards, so I hunted in my scraps of scrapbook paper and found this great striped paper, which is from a pack of Creating Keepsakes paper from Jo-Ann Fabrics. I don't have a lot of masculine stamps, but I hunted through my sets and found the leaves from "Artfully Asian" and thought that they would work well.

This card is distressed, and it should be, as I ripped it apart a few times to get it right. I faux stitched the sides, and I didn't like how it came out so I redid it. Then I decided that I didn't like my horizontal panel (it was originally mellow moss) so I put on creamy caramel. Then I decided to add the ribbon and sentiment from "Riveting", and had to get behind my main image! But it finally came together and I am pleased with it.

Stamps: Artfully Asian, Riveting
Paper: Buckaroo Blue, Creamy Caramel, Cranberry Crisp, Whisper White
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Mellow Moss (watercolored onto leaf image)
Accessories: Hodgepodge hardware, ticket corner punch, 1/2" circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, dimensionals, chocolate ribbon

No comments: