Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Praying for You

There are cards that no one likes to make, and I am no exception.  I'm talking about sympathy cards.  When I do need one, I tend to try to keep them simple and tasteful...and I also make more than one so that I have one on hand should I need it again.


This card uses more Stampin' Up! designer paper, from the Urban Garden paper pack from the 08/09 IB&C.  When I first got the paper pack I felt that the colors in it were very strong and I was not sure how to apply them.  I've decided to tone down the color combinations and work with colors in the paper pack, and that seems to be working.  I also recently acquired the "Thoughts and Prayers" stamp set as well as the "Inspired by Nature" stamp set....I'm not sure why it took me so long to get it because I love the beautiful cards that it makes.

Ingredients:
Stamps: Thoughts and Prayers, Inspired by Nature
Paper: Not Quite Navy, Whisper White (textured), Urban Garden designer paper
Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Not Quite Navy
Other: Large Oval Punch, Slot Punch, Extra Large Two-Step Bird Punch, 3/16" Corner Rounder Punch, blue satin ribbon (Offray)

1 comment:

Julie A. said...

Wow! It's absolutely gorgeous!!!